How To Take Care Of Garden Snails
The word Snail in general sense refers to land snails, freshwater snails and sea snails. They are found in a wide range of environment like ponds deserts ditches etc. They move at a very slow pace. A garden snail moves at a speed of 0.048 km/h.
Snails make a very good pet. They are not messy; they donâ€™t take up a huge space nor is their food a problem. They can eat a wide variety of food.
- When in a natural surrounding, like a garden, snails eat grass, leaves, bark fruits etc. green moist leafy vegetables would be a treat for them. Lettuce alone would cause them ill health. Wash all their food thoroughly before feeding them.
- Calcium is a MUST for snails to build, develops and repair their shell.
- Water is not so necessary for them as long as their surroundings are moist. You can however place a small bowl of water in their dwelling place.
- You can place them in a plastic container with holes drilled in it. The container has to be made moist regularly as these creatures prefer a moist environment. Keep their dwelling place clean. Sufficient light and ventilation should also be provided.
- Bathe the snail once a month.
- Snails should be kept together and not isolated from one another. It is said that they tend to grow faster and healthier when together.
These are a few tips that need to be followed to take care of Garden snails.